Julian Griggs, Principal
Julian is a gifted strategist, facilitator, trainer and management consultant, with over 25 years experience in Canada, the US and abroad. Julian works with all levels of government, First Nations, and with the not-for-profit sector. His work focuses on collaborative approaches to land use and natural resources management, energy and climate, and aboriginal rights. Julian’s recent projects include:
- researching the emergence shared decision making agreements developed between First Nations and the British Columbia government;
- supporting the negotiation and implementation of land use agreements between First Nations and the Province;
- facilitation of collaborative initiatives related to energy and climate policy, including the BC Energy Forum and NRCan’s Generation Energy Council;
- program reviews for the Canadian philanthropic sector; and,
- individual coaching, strategic planning and other organizational development support for progressive advocacy groups and coalitions.
Julian is a Certified Professional Facilitator, an Associate with Simon Fraser University’s Centre for Dialogue, and an Associate with Training Resources for the Environmental Community. Julian lives in Vancouver with his wife and three daughters, and enjoys spending time outside on a road bike, in a kayak, or in the mountains on snow or on rock, and inside with a folk guitar in open tuning.